Thursday, January 9, 2014

Turning Over the New Leaf

What do you want to do differently in the next twelve months?  I want to eat more vegetables and fruits, fewer sweets and meats. I purpose to exercise more and "veg" less. I want to listen more patiently and retort less often. I want to be more productive and waste less time.

I want to maximize this kind of moment,
A grandson's spontaneous hug as he thanks his "sista" for the Ninja toy she gave him.

and minimize discord.

I genuinely mean to do better. I pray about doing better. I really try to do better. But, way too often my commitments are pie-crust promises, easily broken. How discouraging.

Yet, how comforting, each evening we can confess our faults,
and walk into a new day on the morrow.


Better to have tried to correct twisted thinking, wrangling words, and hurtful habits and have failed, than to persist and become hardened in arthritic thinking.

So, in the spirit of renewed commitments, here's to new beginnings.



No comments:

Post a Comment