Thursday, January 7, 2016

Fresh Face for a New Year

Winter white has replaced Christmas red at our house.

Outside, the crisp air and brisk temperatures reboot my energy.
Inside, forced paper whites bloom alongside whimsical snowmen.
My Lenox snow people are the creation of Lynn Bywaters. Her snow creatures wear mittens, hats, and scarves, and are each surrounded by brightly feathered friends.

Through my kitchen window you can see that the grass is still green from the lingering El Nino temperatures. Perhaps these cheery porcelain figures will be the only snowmen we see this winter.
I would be just fine without snow drifts. As far as I am concerned, the tiny white Kalanchoe blossoms in my blue and white  Canton compote will be a fine replacement for snow covered trees and bushes.
How about you? Do you long for snowdrifts and snowy-day holidays? For those who like a break from school or work, I guess one powdering would be welcome, "as long as I have no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."











No comments:

Post a Comment